PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Staff Travel @ HNL - check in procedure?
Old 11th Oct 2015, 14:25
VHFRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HNL is the one port that doesn't follow standard JQ non-rev procedures, they know it (and they claim head office know it) and you could get trapped.

Standard JQ Intl procedure is to present to the service desk where your name is added to a list in the order that you presented at checkin. Onloading should be completed from the first name onwards.

At HNL, they expect you to line up in the standard economy line (first punter will arrive at about 4am - have a quiet night at Dukes the evening before!). You'll then be called to the desks as soon as they open and, on a tight flight, the person with the shortest surname will get on the flight first!

I had an issue a few years ago where it was a very tight flight so we (family of 4) arrived at HNL at about 3:30 so were the first in line. Staff called everyone forward and, as the other staff behind us were singles, they were onloaded and we didn't make it as it took longer for the agent to process the four passengers. I tried to explain the processs to the staff... however was told that if i "didn't get my attitude in check" they'd report me to Qantas. Also asked "so what are you, a trainer in Sydney or something" when trying to explain that it should be first in best dressed.... Followup with staff travel was as expected Contract staff - pay peanuts, get monkeys. Feel sorry for the premium pax who have to deal with them.

If conditions allow, book QF4 and save the hassle. JQ at HNL is a bit of a joke