PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helitech 2015
Thread: Helitech 2015
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2015, 11:46
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Like Heli 1, we of a certain leaning spun it out for all three days but, as he rightly says, there was only one busy day. The news announcements were spread so we were obliged to be in the vicinity.

But do not get the wrong idea on this .... not every exhibitor was against the event or its location. For every dissenter there was an enthusiast. In fairness most of the 'no' camp were simply not there anyway [and it showed].

There was enough to do [for three days] and there was business to be had among the first two days at least but it was at a leisurely pace that such as Heli-Expo does not afford. I waited three days for a slot with one exhibitor.

As we know Sloane held their own event off piste.... that attitude fitting in well with David George's declaration of 'never to be at Helitech as long as it was at ExCel'. All very fine as words go but somewhat devalued when he arrived at ExCel for a photocall. Business pressures are the master of us all.

Me? I will go where the networking is and I had three days of chit chat and business and on that basis it was OK. Helitech [which ever country it is in] asks 2-3 days of my time.... Heli-Expo requires 7 days simply because of the travel element.