PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Pilot Dies in Flight BOS-PHX
Old 10th Oct 2015, 11:10
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the case with my US LCC. At my outfit we carry 1-2 EMKs with very short rectification intervals on the MEL; they have quite the laundry list of specialized drugs, and an inner and outer compartment whereby the inner compartment may only be opened by an MD or DO (or flight attendant/emt/RN when authorized by Medlink). I'd be willing to bet something very similar is onboard most major worldwide carriers at this point, perhaps even required by CFRs.
Good to know! Wasn't the case on the U.S. domestic air carriers I volunteered on (if you'll pardon the pun )

Alchemy: ah, but you are one of the right kind of doctors. While you are focusing on my ranking you are forgetting that I ranked you highest. I still stand by my ranking, based on first hand experience, understanding there are always exceptions, of course.

At any rate, the best thing to do is to get all the medical skill on the aircraft together and work as a team, thereby benefiting from everyone's knowledge and skill. That's what happened all 3 times I volunteered.