PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KingAir crash near Chigwell?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2015, 09:32
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noiffsorbuts

The 3 goods were on purpose )) Until further evidence comes to light that 1 or more of my 3 goods are not relevant we can only go on the fact that the pilots were good , experienced pilots, the aircraft well maintained and that LEA have a good reputation ))
Until that crash site video was released the obvious was loss of control engine failure scenario.
The way the aircraft had smashed into fragments and dispersed over such a large area indicated an almost horizontal crash at high speed
I am sure the radar traces and altitude data will be very revealing
Having experience A loss of airspeed indication in IMC in a piston twin I can see very easily that seeing the airspeed falling back towards the stall it's very natural to push forward on the column! The wind noise alerted me to look at the GPS ground speed and realise what had happened but I was IMC at maybe 4000 feet
This aircraft may have been IMC at 200 feet! I had delay time if this was the case and I stress IF then there would have been almost zero delay time IMC so near the ground!
If the above is not the case it's still something we should consider in fog / mist takeoffs as loss of airspeed in IMC in fog would mean that a fraction of a second instinctive push on the column would give you a face full of trees and I stress that's one of many scenarios possible and maybe not relevant to this crash

Pace