PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you have done???
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2015, 08:07
TheiC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC aspects:

The OP said:

the controller tells me to land and stop before the intersection of 18 (which is only 180m from threshold) uses break break and instructs other aircraft to depart from 36
(My bold).

This makes refusing the instruction impossible, at least immediately, and one instruction, followed by 'break break' and then by another one on which compliance with the first instruction depends, is wholly unacceptable.

I gather that the controller was under training, in which case it was up to his instructor to put the situation right. I would be very worried indeed about any ATC training system which produces a trainee capable of issuing that original instruction.

The whole thing needs proper investigation by your regulator, and that's why you should report it.

What should the OP have done? Go-around, immediately. Landing was no longer assured for the reasons he stated. But, he has a misconception that go-around below DA is not permitted. That's another problem; go-around OEI below ACH is not possible, and that's why, for example, one would declare an emergency, to ensure some sterilisation of the runway. But AEO, go-around is always an option, (until and unless reverse or spoilers are activated, on aircraft which have them), so the OP needs to talk to his instructor to clear up that confusion, or get another instructor or school.

So, there seem to be fundamental failings in the pilot training, too.