PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KingAir crash near Chigwell?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2015, 06:14
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why every time there is an accident do we have page after page of theory before the accident report is published?
For the simple reason that this is predominately a pilot site. In this sort of accident it is very much the case of " there for the grace of God go I "

Pilots like to analyse what COULD have gone wrong so we can avoid those potential mistakes ourselves.

The problem with AAIB reports is that they can be some extensive time before the reports are released and there are two problems. Firstly there may not be a definite cause found and secondly by the time the reports come out it is a sad fact of life that people have forgotten about it and moved on.

While a sad event like this is fresh in our minds Pilots are more open to discussing and learning from the discussions even if the possibilities discussed are not THE ONE that brought the aircraft down.

Yes there will be thrill seekers or amateur armchair accident investigators but if the discussions are positive and not stated as fact the living can learn and possibly avoid a similar situation even if NOT for the same reason themselves

As pilots when these accidents occur we all want to feel that Joe Pilot was an accident waiting to happen or his aircraft was a load of junk waiting to crash. When it happens to two good pilots in a good well maintained aircraft flying for a good company it exposes our own vulnerability so I for one hope pilots do discuss what possibly went wrong when the accident is fresh in our minds

When these tragic events occur the first most feel is horror then sadness for the pilots and their relatives and then why? I would have thought "WHY" was a perfectly normal thought to have and to want to discuss with fellow aviators

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 10th Oct 2015 at 07:21.