PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320isms
Thread: A320isms
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2015, 01:26
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On a VOR approach why does one have to display the VOR rose, when there is a VOR needle on the ND? The needle is good enough for an NDB approach
There is no such Airbus FCOM requirement. I had a TRE once comment on this, that with ROSE selected I removed some available information and reduced situational awareness. Fair enough.

Are you allowed to adjust the FPA from the published FPA for a non-precision approach? e.g. some aircraft types in our fleet are allowed to adjust their FPA +/- within certain limits (-3.5 as a max), our Airbus SOPs don't allow us to do this.
Either it is your Co. SOP's, or Airbus OEM FCOM Easiest indeed if they are the same. We can and must adjust FPA as to fly the correct vertical profile. What exactly do you mean by not allowing to adjust FPA, as if not touching the FCU knob after pull?

Are you allowed to start your FPA descent 0.3NM prior to the FAF? Are other aircraft at your company allowed to do this? I can't understand why Airbus gets a "let" on this.
We pull FPA at -0.3 NM in order to descend at FAF. This is type specific handling of the autoflight system. Whether or not other aircraft have the same I od not know, but why not.

Are you allowed to have your tray tables open for t/o and landing? or is this my company's rigid thinking, I don't think this is an AFM limitation.
I actually researched that one some time ago and found the same, no AFM limitation. However the company procedure was "table must be stowed for takeoff and landing" and local CAA viewpoint was the same. Note too, that MMEL allows INOP in stowed position only.

take care, FD.