PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adding a Cessna 172 rating to my licence
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2015, 19:53
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by porterhouse
Oh my gosh, what a bunch of nonsense, we are clarely talking about a low time pilots who fly some lowly 172 and then out of a whim could youo jump into Pa42, or PC12, sure just read the POH, yeah, if you think it is easy or could be easily done (or safely) you no nothing about practical aspects aviation.

Counting Step as a friend and colleague, I can assure you that he does know quite a lot about the practical side of aviation.

On your points - an SEP class rating wouldn't qualify someone to fly a PC12 or pa42 as they're both turboprops, and the second also a twin. But a C172 pilot could reasonably read their way into a PA28 or T67. Not the best way to do it - but sometimes the only way.

So far as I can see, GS-alpha just needs their SEP Class Rating back, then they can fly what they like. That is going to require training as required - hopefully just a few hours to get their hand back in, and a skill test. With a current PPL (H), and ATPL (A), it really should just be a refresh on handling.

G