PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KingAir crash near Chigwell?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2015, 18:54
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the problem i have with professional crew. Takeoffs are briefed, airspeed is crosschecked as are the V Speeds and then we pitch to 10 degrees and the pilot monitoring is always checking the pilot flying. So I find it hard to comprehend especially with a takeoff into fog or very low cloud.

Balance that with the fact that from the video it does look like a high speed almost horizontal descent into the ground rather than a stall spin situation that its hard to comprehend what went wrong?

my mind goes to another accident with two highly experienced crew where the aircraft was on top of low scud cloud turning base one wing was dipped into the cloud which contained obscured tall tress so it could be anything

Single pilot OK the pilot was distracted overloaded or whatever but both crew were well trained and would operate to the SOPs so what else would cause a CFIT into terrain as that is what it appears to be ?? Unless being empty someone was fooling around which has happened in past events

Sadly operating OCAS out of a field like Stapleford and considering the total destruction of the airframe and probable lack of communication on the radio we may never know

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 9th Oct 2015 at 19:08.