PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2015, 13:47
Hebog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not clear to everyone

Sorry but I for one for was finding it confusing as some were stating that AAIB reports had been used and some stating why should AAIB report be used in a court. Others were also querying who should interview the pilot, engineers past and present etc.

I was just trying to point out that the AAIB are investigating for totally different reasons than the Police are so both will have a total different outcome for everyone involved - pilot, engineers, victims and families. I hope that sensibly they will do a joint interviews so to save extra pain for those involved but who knows, as this is not a common occurrence after all. I can't recall in my 70 years of any plane crashes onto public highways that also killed road users. So the procedures for both the AAIB and Police will be something new and they will not want to compromise each others investigations.

As for the small print. I apologise but I copied and pasted the AAIB report bit as my aged fingers can't type too much now. I tend to use the enlarge button when my aged sight doesn't see as well on some websites.