PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2015, 11:45
Busbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which airline will stand you in good stead to get a better mortgage, has better take home pay and shorter time to command? Whos kids will go to independant schools?
Well time to command is certainly shorter at Virgin than at BA. Especially if it's long haul we are talking about. it's about 10-12 years at VS currently.

Better mortgage? Well having just been granted a new mortgage I can tell you the deals aren't what they used to be. But on my Salary it was no problem and certainly very comparable to BA so not sure about this one?

And as for kids, I don't know any of my Pilot friends from either BA or Virgin or anyone else from other UK airlines for that matter whose kids are going to Private schools based solely on their salary and income. Granted some will but from experience it's normally money that has been inherited or gained from other sources. Not solely income from flying. But that is a sign of what has happened to this industry over many years sadly.

Those commenting on Virgin's future, well how many years have people been saying it won't be around much longer? Yet 31 years later still here. It may become part of Delta, who knows? But I am not dusting off my CV in worry that I no longer have a job in the not too distant future. Time will tell.