PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2015, 08:19
stiglet

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
A strange question ezy320, which was most likely rhetorical, but yes I do actually talk to my colleagues.

Many of 'our great FO's' are staying as well; the one's who are leaving would always have looked elsewhere, and like Plastic787 probably have other long term goals. With the likes of BA recruiting now and offering LH now or in the future it makes sense for them to jump ship sooner rather than later. The LH dream of some is something easyJet cannot offer.

I don't know where you have heard about 'our huge expension plans' or what they consist of. The easyJet journey has been one of continued expansion which is now becoming more of a consolidation exercise. Our increasing pilot recruitment is down: in part to this consolidation and more options to go PT, as well as the lure of the likes of BA. For every FO or skipper we loose it is an opportunity for another FO or DEC to get a job or a step up the promotion ladder for those who stay so could arguably be viewed as a win-win.

Experience is something I do value highly but flying and operating an aircraft is not rocket science and these new recruits gain that experience very quickly in easyJet. The training inside and outside the airlines these days has changed and is excellent preparation for the job. What is wanted besides motivation and attitude is the desire for the job and this is demostrated one way or another by those leaving or joining.

So to those leaving, good luck and to those joining welcome. As Mr Angry implies your life is down to you to fix which is not necessarily leaving one company for the next. You do not join a company and get everything you want immediately; somtimes you have to wait for opportunities to arise such as LH, command or base.