PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA in Greece
Thread: GA in Greece
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2015, 20:16
GBEBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so here is my 2pence worth.

I was in Greece in April 2015, a few months ago, and I organised a "Self Fly Hire with a safety pilot" from Superior Air (Helicopter Rental Greece - Helicopter Charter Athens-Superior Air) at Megara Airport you are talking about.

ok, so no such thing as SFH with SP, I said I would pay for Dual and log it as Dual, however on the day, with my paperwork checked, they were happy for me to P1 and log the time - woot woot - the Greek Local was more of a guide and I loved the flight!

I highly recommend Helicopter Rental Greece - Helicopter Charter Athens-Superior Air !!!

Initial impressions of Megara were that it was obviously very 80% Military/20% Civil, with no real land side attraction (In the UK we almost always have a nice restaurant or viewing area!)

The place is not well signposted, but once in the CAA Portacabin (with no greek language skills) the man we met was very happy for us to go airside, in our car, and drive down to the Superior Air hangar. one of the local helicopter pilots with great english helped us find locate the right hangar.

The CAA Building is nothing more than a very old and dated portacabin type - we saw no uniformed police or customs, just a few older guys in the offices

ATC Were more than happy for me to communicate in english - apart from one moment when they passed urgent traffic in on rejoining downwind - when they passed the information in Greek! Doh! Luckily my pilot from Superior Air heard it and replied/translated.

There was a mil helicopter hovering on the left runway for ages as we did circuits at the end of the flight on the right runway - was awesome!

I can honestly say that my experience at Megara was perfect... and the flying awesome!

I'll certainly return, maybe next time in my own plane!

A snap

[Please resize pictures to < 1024 x 800]