PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet DEP recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2015, 10:59
stiglet

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sorry 'many' new DEC feel they've made the wrong decision; that is indeed unfortunate and regreatable. And I'm surprised that 1 yr in you are finding the job tedious, however that is the nature of the job; you make of it what you will. Hard work yes but tedious? Take a reality check of most other jobs and count your blessings Gatwick is undoubatably the workhorse of the company but if you aspire to live in the UK, south of the Thames it is, I believe, the best show in town. For those who desire transfers they will need to sit tight until the opportunity arises.

As for the sustainability of the roster and options that is something indeed all pilots in all airlines will be fighting for; the challenge is to improve our situation but not to the detriment of our company and because we are at the forefront of the industry it is arguably more challenging for us. I believe more options will become available making a 30 yr + career more viable. This industry is fickel when it comes to tickets sales and shareholder investment; the public are much more savvy these days and things can turn very quickly to put an airline out of favour. We are more stable than most but on the other hand we have further to fall.

BA, the company many aspire to for a variety of reasons have much of the same issues as us in SH and the benefits are not all necessarily one way; again 'it's horses for courses'. Not all who have jumped ship that way feel that their move was the right one in retrospect either.

Your first sentence of the second paragraph make it sound as if you are on the move; if so I wish you well for the future. The grass is not always greener and we mostly suffer the same issues regards rosters and the new EASA limitations as other airlines.

Many posts here appear to be without inside knowledge and I feel give a one sided impression of easyJet; some in my view appear to be showing some form of agenda. I just wanted to provide a balance to that by giving a view from someone who has flown for a number of companies, seen many ups and downs in the industry and been in easyJet for a considerable time.