PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hospital bombed in the Afghan city of Kunduz.
Old 7th Oct 2015, 17:17
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by deptrai
Again, agreed. But just because errors weren't deliberate, just because it wasn't done in bad faith, doesn't necessarily absolve from responsibility.
And I have not advocated that. I'd like to know who is at the root of this up and see whomever it is called to account. We've been in and around Afghanistan for over a decade, it's not like various RoE and restraints/discipline on the use of air launched ordnance is anything new. There's a way to do it right. It's not a mystery, and isn't even that complicated if you are trained in that arena. (If SF guys are involved, they tend to be better than average in most tasks military). So, where's the root cause?
Friendly fire is an issue, next time it could be US troops.
Exactly. It could be anyone. Reminds me of an eye opener behind a certain green door one afternoon, which sort of went like this:

The reason you were weapons tight, sir, is that someone on our side was in there. That's where the "weapons tight" call came from. You didn't have a need to know those few days ago, but as they are out of there ... so that you understand in the future ... and why you check with us, why you always check with us ...