PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hospital bombed in the Afghan city of Kunduz.
Old 7th Oct 2015, 13:26
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Lonewolf
When you go to where bullets are flying, and bombs are falling, and mortars are lobbed, and where people drive truck bombs into buildings with maddening frequency, you know good and damned well that you may catch some of it. If you don't acknowledge that, you need to go elsewhere.
I may be wrong, but I get the impression you're lumping MSF in with all NGOs, Lonewolf.

I admit to being biased about it, but, in my view, MSF is an unalloyed force for good in an often extremely bad world.

Their staff and volunteers are, to a person, fully aware of the risks they take. If you look at the map in this link Search | MSF UK you will see that they are present in just about all the hotspots of the world, and often, as in Kunduz, they are the only people providing medical care there.

And, as I said, MSF is totally non-political. They're not 'do-gooders' in the derogatory sense of the term - they genuinely do an unbelievable amount of good, often in places where no one else is trying to do anything similar.

And yes, I am ex-RAF.

airsound