PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2015, 09:33
Cj7193

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF Pilot

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to this site and was extremely curious to know anything about what I'm (hopefully) getting myself into. I have recently graduated from Year 12 in QLD, with an OP 2. I studied Physics, Chemistry, Math B, Math C, Graphics and English and received a standard A Grade in all of them. I have been a Student Leader for the school in both Year 11 and 12 and have also attended many community meeting and events. I have no medical conditions, only a minor case of asthma when I was 6 months old and have been cleared when I was 5, never had an asthma attack or even come close. Now, I consider myself eligible for this role and I know that it's one of the hardest and competitive jobs in Australia. The only thing I believe is holding me back Is my eyesight. Now, my eyes aren't bad at all, I was given glasses when I was 14 and never worn them as I can see fine, it's just when I put my glasses on things appear a TINY bit clearer, I was wondering if I would apply first and ask my RAAF recruiter at my YOU session about Lazer eye surgery and if I am still suitable for the role of a pilot. I Honestly do not care (if I was chosen) which aircraft I would fly, I am extremely interested in how a general air craft flies and would be over the moon if I was picked to fly any sort of air craft in the RAAF. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help and give honest answers.