PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Septal perforation or simply hole in the nose
Old 7th Oct 2015, 08:42
Radgirl

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi

If you have been reading PPrune for 6 years you will know that regulators can be a law unto themselves. However you do not fail on any the points you have pasted into your post. The tympanic membrane is in the ear, not the nose

You do not say what operation you had. Plastic surgery sounds a bit like a rhinoplasty. You can end up with a perforation, and you need to discuss with your surgeon whether it should be closed by another operation. If it is small and doesnt interfere with your life you may be advised to leave it.

If I were examining you (and I am not an AME) I would want to confirm the hole wasnt because you are sniffing cocaine, wasnt because of cancer of an operation for cancer, and didnt affect your speech such that you couldnt be understood.

That being the case I would have no concern, but at the end of the day the advice, as always, is to speak to the medical department of your regulator and get a definitive answer before spending any more time or money just in case

Let us know how you get on and good luck