PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 18:47
amf1966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time lurker - I was addicted to this thread real-time from late 2010 - I guess I must have broken away at some point and didn't realise the posts were still coming.

I re-read most of it mid-2011 and came back recently to read all over again.

I have a question that I don't think has been covered (but will happily stand corrected).

But first, my love of Concorde has been life-long - each time I go to Barbados I visit the exhibit there and it brings a tear to my eye every single time without fail -- and, I didn't design, engineer, maintain or fly her -- so I can fully appreciate the emotions the beautiful lady must evoke in those that did.

in about 2002/2003, I was finally in a position to financially support a flight on Concorde, but it never happened in time before the shutdown - honestly, this is one of the biggest regrets of my life.

This thread is my favourite read of all time - absolutely and totally priceless and the full and generous contributions from the people that were there are so very much appreciated.

And now, to the question.

Concorde was limited to 60k feet and M2.04 for all the reasons stated.

Just suppose for a moment, that these restrictions were removed.

I've read of her attaining 68k feet and M2.23 (from memory), but what could she have achieved in the opinion of those qualified to judge such things.

If all altitude and speed restrictions were removed (and related issues solved), then what could have been the result - I am assuming that range would have gone up quite considerably?

Thanks again to all for this stupendous thread.