PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bird in a Biplane
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 17:08
cowl flaps

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al E Vator

Al E Vator,- you certainly seem a bitter type of person.
I have always readily given credit where credit is due. But I, and many I know don't like to be conned. This woman proved on the Africa trip that she is quite capable of deceit, by the way she repeatedly mentioned her 'solo' efforts, never acknowledging her highly experienced 'instructor' as a passenger, or getting the C208 to stooge along in front of her on several occasions so she could be sure of not getting lost. All the time having two moving map GPS's in the aircraft.
In comparison, Amy Johnson set off with no more than a handful of charts and enough quid notes (or greenbacks) to buy fuel along the way. No lights, no radio and no fuel gauge ! That was pure courage !
Now this lady has a backup aircraft complete with other pilots to do her flight planning, WX research, ground logistics, clearances & maintainance. And do you seriously think her route was not so carefully calculated as to be virtually risk free ??
Oh, and being born with a silver spoon in one's mouth certainly helps one to 'have a go' !