PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 14:54
AndyH52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHED. Sorry for the delay in responding...I've been away on business.

And where did I suggest this?
I don't know, where did I suggest that you did? My point (probably badly made) is that just perhaps, Blue Air, Wizz Air and Czech are at Liverpool because they have decided it is the best option for them to serve the North West market, not because MAG decided 'not to pitch for them' - and before you respond, I acknowledge that these are my words not yours!

The posting addressed the topic of airline strategies in general; it was not specific to LPL
The posting is in the Liverpool thread and mentions Liverpool a dozen times. It's a fair assumption to make.

If the process by which RYR is transferring aircraft to larger airports comes across as patronising, I presume that applies to Bergamo, Girona, Reus, Charleroi and Prestwick as well?
Yes, as your premise is flawed. The airports you list and the process being followed in general by Ryanair in these locations is one of shifting from secondary to primary airports which serve the same urban centre. Unless you are suggesting that Liverpool is in effect 'Manchester West' then the situation is quite different.

If you have received a personal briefing on MAN's future regime of passenger charges please do enlighten us ...
I believe it is reasonable to infer that if airline charges aren't going to rise to pay for the investment then the increased revenue needed will come from the other main cash cow, the passenger.

Finally I would ask you to bear in mind that a number of the contributors on this thread rely on the airport for their livelihoods, so telling them 'not to take things personally' could also be perceived as patronising.