PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Air France union protesters storm HQ; Air France execs 'forced to flee'
Old 6th Oct 2015, 09:52
dullard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Ice Pack...

As I remember, some years ago, bosses at UPS painted a real doom and gloom scenario where hard times meant pay freezes or pay cuts to ensure survival in the face of strong competition. The same bosses were amazed when pilots offered support to "Brown van drivers" in their effort for a fair pay settlement...."Oh Hell! - no deliveries, no bonus!" Subsequently, they were positively horrified when the drivers stated that they would support the pilots when the company breached it's pilots' pay agreement (AA pay minus some percentage I think, but not honoured when AA pay rose)..... "Oh Hell! - no deliveries, no bonus!). Guess what happened? Both worker groups were awarded their correct, fair, awards and UPS continues to thrive. Solidarity, not greed.

Back in the 80's, the brilliant Alexi Sayle wrote a sketch and poem paralleling the "first" French Revolution ("Let them eat cake" and all that...) with the life of workers in Britain under Thatcher. The last line? - "....and when the revolution comes, just like it did in France, then we'll hang them from the lampposts and we'll watch the ba***rds dance!"

Looks like the "second" one may have already started at AF!!