PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KingAir crash near Chigwell?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 07:35
Flaymy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You make a forced landing. Just as you do in a jet if operating below perf A requirements!

That is my point. That is how I line trained my pilots to brief when operating perf B where there ain't no such thing as V1 or V2, and I was nowhere near as qualified or experienced as this guy as far as I can gather from the information released so far. I am pretty certain he knew that.

Note that the LEA B200s are based there, and have been since I can remember. Their pilots are well aware of the performance restrictions, which might well be below even perf B standards if they are not operating a CAT flight.

I am not disputing that this accident might have started with a simple engine failure. My point is that is not the reason it turned into an accident that was not survivable. This might simply be bad luck. People have survived all but unscathed from forced landings in difficult circumstances, and I am sure others have the very best of chances and fly well yet still succumb to bad luck. Nevertheless there is no fundamental problem flying a B200 as implied by some, and no problem positioning from Stapleford. Speculation about performance issues is pointless.