PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ CAA prosecuting 'rescue' pilot
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2015, 05:19
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SilsoeSid
As Mr A. was company director, that cockpit gradient must have been interesting; and the question must arise, how many other occasions has this guy been flying around while suspended? I would wonder if one should ask the question, 'what would happen if a pilot phones in sick one morning, there is a booking to be flown and no-one else is available!'
He's also the Chief Pilot. What must those poor pilots suffer when they have to fly with the CP, how do they cope?

Originally Posted by SilsoeSid
How long has Mr Armstrong been suspended as it would seem that he is no stranger to being available when there's a bit of search and rescue on the side!
As do many operators in NZ: unlike the UK there isn't a plethora of SAR operators dotting the coast. Public service and a willingness to help others isn't deemed worthy of criticism in the shaky isles.

I find the mean spirit being shown here to be amazingly disappointing, quite frankly. As I opined earlier, there seems to be a risk averse attitude that prefers to demonise a pilot for his actions rather than offer the appropriate praise; along with a determination to beat the Daily Mail for twisting facts to suit the demonisation.