PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOW DO I BECOME A PILOT IN NIGERIA?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2015, 21:55
rcsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Therapy

Thanks for the therapy, guys. Should I send someone a hundred bucks for the advice?

Thing is, I'm an African, I live in Africa, I work in Africa. The vast majority of my fellow Africans, from Morocco to the Cape, are dignified, hard-working and ambitious. They are also (generally) socially conservative, respectful, and well-mannered, in a way that has apparently disappeared from the north-west corner of the planet.

So I'm fed up with arrogant, ignorant outsiders mocking and humiliating those Africans who are brave enough, and determined enough, to try to make our continent a better place, and make a decent life for themselves here, instead of getting on a leaky boat and sailing to Europe.

It's only two hundred years or so ago - say, 10 generations - that you lot were burning people at the stake for being "witches"; and only four generations ago that it was entirely acceptable for American and European politicians to bribe their way into power; and only two generations ago that you lot fought a war that killed more people in six years than all the conflicts in Africa put together in the past fifty years.

So when I hear or read insulting, offensive and frankly racist comments aimed at chap who will be bewildered by the hostility and the mockery of Linerider and others, sure, I get annoyed, and frustrated, and defensive.

I'm entirely sure that Femi can look after himself. But I think it may be pertinent that he hasn't been back on the thread since it degenerated into a childish mock-fest.