PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CAE OAA APP Thread
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2015, 15:19
Pilot_Jasper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CAE OAA APP Thread

Hi guys,

Intro: I recently applied for CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Amsterdam and passed the tests. I have an EASA class 1 medical so I am basically ready to start flight training. The only problem now is that the bank is not giving out new loans for this flight school anymore. That made me think about other flight schools, for instance the Oxford Aviation Academy (OAA) in Oxford itself or CTC. Obviously i just want a to maximize my chances of getting an airline job (doesn't have to be in Europe, but just a change to fly a commercial airliner at a safe place for a normal pay).

Questions:
- What do you guys think of OAA? Does the flightschool have good contacts with airlines? Any experiences of people who recently completed the ATPL course there? Good job chances?
- One of the pro's which OAA tells is that they can easily allocate graduate students via their 'aviation employment agency' Parc Aviation. Does anyone have experience with this? When I look at their website, i only see jobs for experienced FO/Capt, not for ab initio. Is that right? Otherwise it is not really a valid argument of the fligthschool that they can allocate ab initio's more easy.

Thanks for your replies!