PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia sends four SU27s to Syria
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2015, 09:03
Reinhardt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

First a very nice report of Russian TV, showing their beautiful deployment of efficient assets. Reminds me of PSAB in the 90's :

Inside a Russian airbase in Syria: RT?s exclusive close-up (PHOTOS, VIDEO) ? RT News

Now regarding "deconfliction" over Syrian airspace, which the US "control" (according to the wording of our medias) : a Russian Air Force colonel in Bagdad does communicate one hour before their strikes, where and how the Russian jets are going to fly. So the CCOA or whatever in Qatar is readjusting the ATO in accordance...

That's for deconfliction ! Absolutely brilliant !

And I'm sure those people don't bother with female legal advisers (LEGAD) close to their colonels when it's time to drop the bombs...
For the unexperienced, a LEGAD is something (often with a few stripes and uniform, sometimes not) who has never been in combat, has never been shot at, is not qualified in the operation of any weapon system, has never brought his men to action... but nevertheless wil tell the previously mentioned AF colonel if it's appropriate to bomb or not. That's what improved communication systems (C3I) allow for !

Good luck to the Russians. It's good to have them doing the job.

Давай ! ура ! ура ! ура ! Победы

Last edited by Reinhardt; 5th Oct 2015 at 09:42.