PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2015, 12:19
viscount702

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's run into problems?
I didn't say anything has run into problems only if.

However I do think there may be a problem.

From looking at what has been said in the planning application I don't believe the facility near the RVP was one to which the public was intended to have access and would therefore not affect the customer experience or waiting or transit times

It was to be used for the storage of the snow fleet, the storage of buses and long term storage of cars, (which I take to mean cars dropped off by PAX at another car park or terminal and taken there by MAN for storage whilst the PAXs are away and also not staff cars) which facilities or some of them are currently situate where terminal development is to take place and have to be moved.

Also if the facility was no longer required then it would be normal for the planning application to be withdrawn rather than leave it in because the planners have to action any submitted application which would be pointless if it wasn't needed.

The Manchester Planning portal isn't that good because it doesn't say why there is a delay or even if the application has been withdrawn or whatever. In fact there was a suggestion that the application was to go to committee on the 24 September. If it did there is nothing to say what the outcome was.

I think but could be proved to be wrong that the facility is still required but there is some problem (it was supposed to have been decided by May this year) but still hasn't. If it is still required then the lack of permission and the ability to start work on it could cause delays.

Last edited by viscount702; 4th Oct 2015 at 17:36.