PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statins Bad press
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2015, 11:13
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, today it's a different story.

Numerous studies have linked these drugs to an array of debilitating side effects. Even the lacklustre American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) slapped a warning about the increased risk of type 2 diabetes on statins.

Memory loss, muscle pain, fatigue, liver dysfunction and kidney failure are a few more well-known side effects that are now associated with these drugs.

Why do you think your doctor is supposed to send you for liver and kidney function tests every year when you are taking statin drugs? It’s because these drugs can seriously harm those organs.

In fact, the website netdoctor.co.uk states the following: "It is very unusual for a patient to have symptoms of liver damage due to taking statins because if liver function tests are taken occasionally to check the liver enzymes, the problem is never allowed to develop to the stage where symptoms occur."

This means that your liver is indeed at risk when you take statin drugs... and that your doctor should send you for regular tests to stop the risk from getting out of hand and destroying your health.

Statin drugs have now even been linked to an INCREASED risk of cardiovascular disease and heart attacks! That's because these drugs deplete the most important muscle in your body of the essential nutrient CoQ10, to the point that it literally can break your heart.

And the benefits?

Well, one thing is certain, these drugs WILL lower your cholesterol — that's what they are designed to do.

But cholesterol is not the villain the mainstream is making it out to be. And that is a fact.

Instead it is an essential building block that you'll find in every cell of your body. It's essential for the synthesis of hormones and vitamin D and it helps with the formation of memories and normal brain function, to mention but a few of its essential functions.

In short, cholesterol is a natural occurring substance — produced in your liver — that your body NEEDS to function optimally.

So why on earth would anyone want to lower their cholesterol to ridiculously low levels? Especially when low cholesterol levels have been linked to numerous health problems, including decline in cognitive function, depression and suicidal thoughts.

If you have any doubts about taking these drugs, follow your gut instinct. And that's not because I'm saying so, but simply because evidence is piling up against the so-called benefits of these drugs.
The above are the sort of claims made some of it makes sense ? I can assure you I am not against the better of two evil theory with seriously ill patients but not sure on a preventive for mild indications and against these drugs being dished out to healthy individuals over 50
If the above is rubbish I wouldn't know but it's the sort of claims being thrown around

Pace ))