PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2015, 10:40
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when I rang crewing to explain the circumstances, I was expecting them to be helpful as I had heard extremely good things from colleagues about how they handled compassionate issues and given the extremely stressful situation, they only managed to add more stress, I was utterly gobsmacked by their totally unsympathetic attitude
The lesson to any Pilot reading the post is to go to your Pilot Manager first.
For all we know the guy that hec7or could have been speaking to might have been in the same issue having had a no from the Company or a bad day in the Office (no excuse however). Pilots in general think Crewing Staff are there bosses - wrong.
I had a similar situ many years ago when Mrs Angry was sick. I rang BA Crew Control (she was having asthma attack) and got a ear full from Crew Control, no one else etc etc. I politely advised I was sorry but it wasn't her fault and it was now Crewing's issue. More negative banter so I slipped in I was more than happy to follow up the call the next day with XX who was the Boss of BA Crewing (and who i knew well)

The wife got pulled in when she went to work next.

O the opposite side when we witnessed the BMA Kegworth crash at EMA and the wife went to work the following day I rang BA and they could not have been better.
Did I hold a grudge against BA - No of course not