PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - building a LAN-party gentex kit: question to oxygen mask airflow and visor colours
Old 1st Jul 2003, 07:50
slamtofakie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop well.....

@ seafuryfan: thanx

@ gait: yeah, but bad respiration means bad concentration means bad reactivity

@ squire : reminds me of darth vader this thing...
or of the chemical emergency alarm training we used to have while i served with the german paratroopers...
bad idea, jogging in full battle gear with this thing on your face.....
bad idea... my friends all unscrewed their filters a little bit to get more oxygen into their nicotine-covered lungs

@ L R J : i had a great childhood, despite the little downs and my many (9) brothers and sisters.
iīm not a war pig, iīm a decent guy. but i think thisīd be a great thing to try out...... people are spending big bucks to wear a silly stormtrooper, luke skywalker, darth vader or whatknowI- outfit at their LAN-parties. so why not trying a sph-4 or a modified HGU with a breathing system ?

@ miserable old git: have a nice time in the RAF. as before mentioned, iīm not a war lusty blistered guy swallowing every article about the gulf warz 2 thing f.ex.
i am just used to givin things a try before i turn em down.....

@ davey boy: many thanks for the information on the dark visor thing. this will make things less costly for most single visor helmets are provided with a dark lens.
as to your explanations about the airflow system, i have to say that i donīt wanna reproduce the existing system with a steel bottle of oxygen and all this stuff, or writing half an examination on oxygen pressure balance issues, i just wanna connect this hose to a fan, and thatīs it....
i donīt care if itīs a good copy, it just has to work and look stunning...

if iīll manage to build this thang, there will be pics, I promise
may take some time

cheers to everybody

M