PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 22:17
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which car park near the RVP do you mean? As far as I'm aware, there is nothing near the RVP which is required for the terminal extensions. The closest development in the master plans are the logistics parks already under construction?

The car parks to the west of T2 are being replaced by an extended multi storey in front of T2 (an extension to the one already present) a new multi storey just west of that will be built and a new 'meet and greet' car park will be constructed in the parcel of land in the middle of the M56 junction.

It's those car parks that are, and always have been needed to shift the cars from the apron and just beyond the aprons to let construction of the terminals begin (I assume the staff car park will be in the multi storey being built next to T2?)

From what I understand, the final designs are now in MAG possession, the planning permissions have been written up and are due to be submitted, and no reasonable objections are expected as the majority of the building will be on already occupied land, or, in the case of the M56 land, no public access is prevalent so no objections expected.

MAG are confident of an April start for the 2 car parks near T2, and October for possession of at least the apron and hopefully the associated land adjacent ready for development.