PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 19:58
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AndyH52 -

clearly not every carrier thinks that Manchester is the only place to be successful in the north west
And where did I suggest this? I specifically mentioned LPL's success in attracting new names to the departure boards over recent months. It is counter-intuitive to draw your conclusion from that.

Anything else quite frankly comes across as patronising, even if not intended in that way.
The posting addressed the topic of airline strategies in general; it was not specific to LPL. If the process by which RYR is transferring aircraft to larger airports comes across as patronising, I presume that applies to Bergamo, Girona, Reus, Charleroi and Prestwick as well? The only way posting this information could be less patronising would be to not report on the situation at all. I deliberately conveyed the information in a matter-of-fact and non-confrontational way, and I stand by the principle that it is better to be well-informed even if one dislikes the underlying facts.

Also, whilst airlines might not directly pay the cost of Manchester's new facilities, you can be sure their passengers will...
If you have received a personal briefing on MAN's future regime of passenger charges please do enlighten us ...

eye2eye5: Thankyou for your earlier comments. Interesting discussion.