PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is Mixture?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 14:44
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's certainly a major loss to pprune that mixture has taken his marbles and gone home. His postings were always erudite and informative - even if he was an Apple fanboi!
Unfortunately, forums always have their resident dickheads who are intent on creating ill-feeling.
A common theme is abusing another member just to make themselves feel superior.

On another forum, one particular nasty individual took great pains to track down every post where I offered hard-won advice in my field of expertise, and took great pleasure in denigrating all of my advice.
He was vicious in his personal attacks and the moderators of that forum rarely reprimanded him.
Consequently, I departed from that forum and I don't miss it. They are missing my useful contributions, though.

A good forum is well moderated and personal abuse should not be tolerated. Unfortunately, many forum moderators are not good moderators - the major reason it seems, being related to the fact that the position is voluntary and offers no renumeration, nor any need to present credentials as to moderation skills - and therein lies the reason why forums decline.

I have noticed a particularly sizeable number of worthy contributors departing this forum in recent months, and the forum is much poorer as a result.