PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 11:17
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ascot Meals

Great pic TBT.
A variation on a theme occurred on the floating restaurant in Aberdeen harbour Hong Kong. A rather gobby flight commander was on the crew and he commanded that we all order one dish each from the menu and that all should be recognisable to the British palate. Then we would have a spoonful of each. We all dutifully gave our choices to the waitress. Several San Migs later the vast repast arrived. It was going well till one dish was placed before the flt. cdr. It resembled ladies parts in brown Windsor soup. Which one of you b**stds ordered this he shrieked. It wasn't me we all said. I distinctly said that all the dishes should be recognisable. he hissed.
At that point a Chinese businessman at the next table burst out laughing, showing lots of gold teeth.
It was me! he said. I hear your boss man give orders so I ask the waitress to bring fish lips in duck sauce for a joke. He did buy a round of San Migs for us but curiously the fish lips remained uneaten.