PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statins Bad press
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 10:25
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Radgirl ; Oooops. Chill. Little bit too feisty. Just because you haven't seen a Rep in twenty years doesn't mean that they have ceased knocking on your door does it ? I was a Medical Rep donks ago and know the deal. As a professional airline pilot, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetis. I was oversubscribed "medication" and STATINS nearly killed me. I threw the medication down the drain. Through diet, I dropped 20kg. In retirement, I exercise a lot more (not gym or running marathons but general hairing about the house & garden & walking to the Taverna rather than drive, etc etc). I tossed the medication seven years ago.........................still here !

In a balanced world, of course there is room for everything. Find what suits you. Professional pilots are highly trained and analytical. We are trained to spot tunnel vision & are very suspicious of the medics who have direct control over our professional well being but, OFTEN, get it completely wrong but will never admit it.

Keep up the posts. Well respected & grateful as we are to you and Gingernuts. The good that you guys do (as a profession) far outweigh the errors. But, gees, radgirl, I need to take you up to my local & buy you a Pinacolada with stacks of cream (full fat), fake cherries (coated in sugar), loadsa other naughties, but, hey, balance (?). Next day, .............clean out diet................!

Now, I'm off to the Mill base at Dhekilia for MY idea of the mediterranean diet ; Fried eggs & chips washed down with a Keo shandy. STATINS (?) noo, noo, noo, noo !!