PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is Mixture?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 10:12
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ellie Vater
As per the thread title. I haven't seen any postings from him for a while, and miss his dry wit...
No, this is not a return. I just want to clear this up once and for all.

The more perceptive amongst you will have noticed that I am not the only technical mind that has resigned from PPRuNe. Ultimately the real losers on all this are going to be the other PPRuNers. Those of us who have resigned have better things to do with our lives, whilst in the mean time, other PPRuNers loose out on the technical knowledge we once brought to the table.

As someone else who used to contribute here put it to me when I told them of my resignation, “There's only so many times you can give good advice to be shouted down by an OAP with as much technology sense as a breeze block.”

I'll be the first to admit that my often hastily written posts may have occasionally not have been everyone's up of tea. Accordingly I've taken my fair share of flack over the years from people who took issue with my concise style of writing instead of taking the time to understand the technical points I was trying to get across.

I was happy to be on the receiving end of said flack, as long as the posters abided by the old PPRuNe rule of "play the ball, not the man”.

For example, if you wished to be (incorrectly) stubborn and ignore my somewhat famous sage advice in relation to Windows XP. If you wished to take the piss on that issue, I had no problem as long as said posters were equally willing to be on the receiving end in return.

However, I have decided to call it quits at PPRuNe after multiple statements were posted by one specific individual accusing me of having very specific types of mental health issues.

Those accusations were and are untrue and unfounded and I found them deeply hurtful.

If it was just one post, I would have perhaps let it pass. But he/she came back on multiple occasions over a short period of time, and each time went deeper and more harshly into his/her mental health issue allegations.

I do not have mental health issues, I have never had mental health issues, and I certainly fail to see how someone I have never met or spoken to, and someone is not a psychologist anyway can start proferring detailed diagnosis. As far as I am concerned its slander.

Unfortunately, this disgraceful individual appears to have friends in high places, because despite me raising the issue with the mods, the mods were unwilling to apply the age old PPRuNe policies of "personal attacks will not be tolerated" and "play the ball, not the man".

I simply refuse to have anything further to do with a forum that knowingly allows such activity to occur.

TO THAT INDIVIDUAL: I have taken care not to name you, and I would appreciate it if you could sit quietly on the sidelines and not “contribute” to this thread. I would rather old wounds were not reopened. Thank you for your understanding.