PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Flying Lesson Frequency in Winter
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2015, 08:15
Completely Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL Flying Lesson Frequency in Winter

Hi all.

I am a new private pilot student and I'm in the middle of considering how to space out my lessons (and the times I should take them). Due to having a busy schedule, and my FI having a busy schedule too, I can only fly one day a week.

Initially, I was just going to fly one hour a week but have since considered the option of flying two hours per week, on the same day. Has anyone had any experience of doing this? I would leave myself either a 1.5 hour or 3 hour gap in between lessons, so I can go home, read up and get some lunch etc. I live very close to the airfield so this isn't a problem.

Do people think have two lessons on one day is a bad idea? Should I just stick to one? Like I said, due to my availability and that of my FI, it is impossible for me to fly any other day than a Saturday.

In addition, should I book my first lesson for the first slot in the morning with my FI? Around 10am? Is picking an early morning slot in winter just asking for it to be cancelled with the weather? Would I be better to take a later slot just in case of fog or any other adverse weather?

I'm going to have a chat with my FI over the weekend, but would like as many opinions and past experiences as possible.

Thanks!