PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2015, 14:20
TorqueOfTheDevil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry didn't know that; my last visit was back in '87 when our cadets were trucked from (would you believe) Wittering to Cambridge for AEF during summer camp and prior to that, I did my PPL course there in '71.
What do 16(R) Sqdn operate? Didn't realise there was still a flying unit at Wittering.
In case you hadn't heard:

Mrs Thatcher is no longer Prime Minister and Ronald Reagan is no longer POTUS. In fact, there have been two President Bushes and several others as well.
The Cold War ended (for a while), but there have been more problems in the Middle East, including two wars against Iraq and also another adventure in Afghanistan, following a terrorist attack in the US
Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, Princess Diana and Freddie Mercury are no longer with us
Rick Astley, Five Star and Bananarama are no longer Top of the Pops
The RAF no longer operates Phantoms, Buccaneers, Victors, VC10s, TriStars, Shackletons, Jet Provosts, Wessexes, Bulldogs, Harriers, Jaguars, Nimrods, among others. RAF aircraft are no longer permanently based in Germany, Belize, Gibraltar, or Hong Kong.
Computers got smaller and better, and cars got bigger and cleaner (apart from German ones).

Disappointingly, Wittering and Teversham have also changed somewhat in the last 28 years