PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air coming to DXB September 23-24th
Old 2nd Oct 2015, 10:45
Rather Be Skiing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
... It is not the west and you will deal with local structures, patterns and approaches which will be VERY far away from flying in the US or Europe where decades and decades ago aviation developed to what it is now thanks to learning from accidents and mistakes and an open and just report system of events. One should be very aware that the salary you will get is intended to compensate you for your williness to operate to very different standards as well as flying from A to B. This is how I see it and very happy to be correctd.
You mean kinda like working in the Sandbox?

As a friend that works at Korean told me, the job is s#*%*y, but he always gets the days off he wants, including Christmas for the last 5+ years and most importantly he lives at home. That makes it vastly better than EK... for him.

The issue for me is one of life style/balance. As time progresses EK and Dubai offer less and less. So, if I am going to work for a company/job I don't like, it would be nice to offset that with satisfaction in other areas.

Whether KAL is the answer to that or not, I am not sure, but I am exploring any options that can tip the scales back to a more favourable position.