PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statins Bad press
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2015, 17:51
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A cure is something in the body which is not functioning in the correct way and rectifying that. The body should be able to rectify and control itself in a correct fashion. If something goes wrong it cannot do that. A cure is returning the body to where it can

An example is HBP which is not fully understood. Some people can be slim healthy, exercise a lot and still suffer with HBP. Others can be fat eat all the wrong things don't exercise yet show low BP readings.

a cure would be a full understanding of why and putting that right rather than using life long drugs with side effects to artificially lower it.

The same with HIV? Eliminate the Virus from the body which is causing the problems rather than medicate to keep people going?

There must be hundreds of examples including Cancer where we can imagine a cure rather than drugs

I am not medically qualified although I would have liked to have followed that path so maybe I am way off course in my thinking and while I realise that many drugs help people in an absence of a cure some have had very bad effects.

One poster mentioned thalidomide considered a safe drug and we all know the results of that?
Lastly where large sums of money are involved as in the drug industry there will naturally be suspicion?
I am sure in 50 years time Cancer will be treated differently and people then will look back and say that in 2015 they were so antiquated and lacking knowledge that they used to bombard the body with highly toxic drugs to extend peoples lives as we do at blood letting centuries ago

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st Oct 2015 at 18:07.