PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye Bruggen
Thread: Bye Bye Bruggen
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2015, 10:50
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
When we used to do CSAS BITEs during a hot winch I have seen a set of steps, which were placed at the back of the HAS, picked up by the taileron and subsequently thrashed both the steps, and the taileron, to death. Luckily not my HAS!
Watched the second Jag in our RAFG HAS on exercise winch itself back into and along the HAS wall. The nose castored round and hopped the chocks, the pilot was hanging on the ladder trying to stop it while the HAS Sgt was throwing chocks under the nosewheel, looking round I saw one of the Flems move and belt the stop button, but not before the damage was done to the stab and wing.
The said winch system was stripped and inspected, no fault was ever found.... many years passed and on a course I met the Flem that stopped it, he asked me if I remembered it, I said yes, he then told me he had hit the winch button by accident and seeing the accident unfold started to move away from the button, he said no one noticed him as everyone turned to look at the Jag, realising it needed stopping he turned and went for the stop button, at which point everyone looked at it and saw him moving towards it, he was praised for his swift actions lol.

Still we did have a quiet exercise with one jag damaged, the winch out of action, and the HAS being quarantined.

Last edited by NutLoose; 1st Oct 2015 at 11:02.