PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2015, 09:58
FullyFullyReady

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
1. Yes however the format had changed recently to include the psycho evaluation and panel competency interview rather than just the 'base captain chat'... Having heard a few stories of guys not making it, I am worried!

4. Easyjet pay you £40.5k gross on the Second Officer salary so 'by the book' I would expect tax free repayments from CTC/EZY on top of the taxed salary. Anything other than that is bordering on stealing wages!

I've gone through the system and would say of CTC that the training is adequate. Flying (and especially training) at Easy is great, 98% of the crew being top guys and gals, though with the usual moanings of a large company- shortage of uniform, getting lost in the system, disruption over the summer etc.. When junior, the roster is quite forgiving even at Gatwick- though roster variations can be very pronounced as you progress through all the different contracts. Whether or not it is a sustainable career at the moment is questionable- the amount of captains I fly with who are exhausted/looking for part time/ready to strike due to the new EASA flight time regulations is quite telling and shows thing are changing quicker than people might expect...