PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rehabilitation spend.
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2015, 09:50
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fundamentally, I am with Willard, and I am also pretty unimpressed that the Air Ambulance service has to be funded to a huge extent by charity donation, not least because the AA service saves the NHS a fortune by getting casualties to hospital so much more quickly ("golden hour")

Now to the specific. I applaud the initiative of those that set up HforH, but I do not think it was well thought through - lets raise lots of money then see what to spend it on. But it caught the public imagination, and better than the established forces charities, which were already doing a very good job for veterans, but not perhaps so good at catching the public imagination. Sadly HforH leached the services charity donation pot in much the same way a certain old bomber has done to the historic aviation field. HforH is constrained by its "charitable objectives" - perhaps the way forward is for consultation with the Charity Commission on amending those objectives, working more closely with the established services charities. best of all would be the Government working to meet the terms of the Military Covenant and taking responsibility for those in difficulty of mind, body or otherwise as a result of service in the Armed Forces. Oh, and publicly fund the Air Ambulance Service!