PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2015, 09:31
BaronVonBarnstormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks FFR.

I have been on the phone to CTC and got some answers from them:

1. As you said Flexicrew is still the case and there will be another interview at the end. I have also spoken to a guy I know who has been through CTC and he said that you'd have to be doing something majorly wrong to not pass the interview.

2. No hours guarantee.

3. CTC say there is now no guarantee of a UK base, only that its more than likely you will get offered one.

4. CTC quoted the salary once employed by EZY as £38.75K, which is the same as what is quoted for the Flexicrew earnings. However you can add on the top of that the £1000p/m bond repayment once employed by EZY.

So your salary does go up, however if you were to be directly employed by EZY as an FO your salary would be £40.5K. So this scheme would have a fairly decent tax advantage in terms of monthly pay; you would be on about £2400/month salary plus £1000 tax free as opposed to £2550/month. However consider that your loan repayment may be nearing £1900/month, meaning a take home of £1500, which is roughly equivalent to a salary of £23k. Of course your take home figure would be more if you were able to borrow less.

Could anyone who has been through the scheme confirm my back-of-fag-packet maths? Or perhaps more importantly, are you happy with what you got out of the scheme and your work-life now?

Interestingly I heard from FTE that the FPP wont open until Autumn 2016.