PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2015, 23:00
Fly_bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerRyan
CDG with Cityjet was very successful actually, but as the above poster has stated Ryanair on Beauvais and Heathrow back it couldn't last. The high fares on the E145 and RJ85 were also a factor.

Aer Lingus wasn't successful due to the timing, who wants to go to Paris at 4pm? Not as many as if the times were 10am-12pm

Nantes was successful, but Poitiers is in the middle of nowhere and nobody has heard of it, yet it achieved a LF of 69% in June which is amazing for such a stupid route.

The fact is Shannon can achieve more growth, a motorway and the loss of a few transatlantic flights stopping doesn't result in a loss of well over half the market of PAX ) (PAX went from 3.7mil to 1.4mil,)

Also Fly Bill, looking over your posting history you seem to love to be the bearer of bad news for SNN, and correct anything incorrect and bear all the good news for your NOC airport. NOC-KUN wasn't being dropped no?
I'm equally supportive of both knock and Shannon as want to see both thrive - hence my post above was generally supportive of Shannon - I don't claim to have any inside information only opinion - like yourself - quite often will be wrong - like yourself !! Nothing wrong with healthy debate !