PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - building a LAN-party gentex kit: question to oxygen mask airflow and visor colours
Old 1st Jul 2003, 02:26
slamtofakie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish building a LAN-party gentex kit: question to oxygen mask airflow and visor colours

hi everybody,

i´m just taking considerations to construkt a kit consisting of a flight helmet ( gentex, army surplus, from ebay, helo or jet, dunno yet ) and maybe also a suitable oxygen mask to be worn by my younger brothers on network parties, while playing half-life, counterstrike, unreal tournament or other dumb waste of time.

i think it would be quite a good idea to try this out, i haven´t seen
a things like this before. guess that would look awesome.

well, the helmet is not the problem, i´d either get an

sph-4 (helo),

or, to make things more complicated and to maximize the style factor and functionality a

HGU-56 (jet) or something like that

probably buy an additional visor, i´ll have to try out which one works best in the before mentioned environment
(LAN-party, to speak broadly:a dark room and a flickering screen).

well, i have three questions to you guys:

* to how much extent does a standardized dark gentex visor
endarken the vision ? alot or not that much ? do you think
one could use the dark visor in case the screen brightness is
set to an accordingly high level ?

* in what conditions does one use yellow and green visors.?
i´d use the clear in foggy or darker conditions and the
darker lenses in brighter / sunshine conditions.
that´s clear.
but the yellow or green ones ? the yellow goggles seem to
amplify the contrast of the image (i´ve read ), but what is that
good for , ecactly ? as to the green glasses, i got no idea....

* how powerful is the fan that propelles the air/oxygen through your air hose--> through your inlwet valve--> and finally into your mask --> mouth/nose ?

i thought of a standardised computer fan (which is used to exhaust the air from the computer chassis , 80*80mm large, 12 V, 3-pin plug, 4,2 Watts ), but i just gave it a little try and the breathing system seems to be heavily underpowered.
i guess i need a bigger fan, but don´t know wether a bigger pc-fan will be sufficing, or if i´ll have to construct something different, with a really big fan, as used on desks for example.

if anybody´d have any answers on stock to the visor and the fan question, i´d be very glad

have a great day,

Markus