PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2015, 14:48
viscount702

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's been said before is that we need more flights at quieter times with non-based a/c. Ryanair do their bit in that regard, much less so easyJet.
Vueling and IBS are welcome and help from that standpoint - if and until Vueling open a base here.
I agree to a point.

However airlines and passengers don't necessarily want to fly when the airport is at its quietest. Business PAX usually want to fly in the peaks and that is when the airlines want to fly those PAX and if the can't they wont provide a flight.

What is required is the flexibility provided by increase terminal space and better distribution within that space something the current set up does not provide. That is they need to get the works underway to change the terminals.

Unfortunately what I and I think others find frustrating is that we have been seeing applications for new car parks so expansion can take place but not the expansion which I am beginning to think is an excuse for the car parks. I think we were all led to believe the new 9000 spaces under 23R not only helped with Airport City (if that ever gets going) but also to enable expansion of the terminals but clearly not so far.