PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2015, 13:08
N9231C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, I had the assessment today. There was 30 of us there. It was really relaxed. We arrived in and they gave us a presentation of the airline etc. They had Captains and First Officers all in uniform, running the show. It was actually really impressive. The first thing we did was the group exercise, we were split into groups of roughly 6. In the room we were given 5 minutes to read through a list of 13 issues to ourselves first. We had to prioritise which items were most important. Then you were given 15 mins in the group to discuss what was the most important. Once we'd all agreed on the list then we finished up and that was that. The second thing I did was the technical test. We'd 30 mins to answer 30 questions. The questions themselves weren't really difficult. They are all ATPL based. The last stage then was a case study. This one was interesting and it's what caught a few people out. You're brought to a room on your own. You're given a scenario that your are in an outstation, the Captain is outside dealing with a tech issues and you have to sort everything in the flight deck. The first part is about FDLs and how long the cabin crew and you have until
You run out of hours etc, the next part is about fuel planning. You're given 25 mins and then you have to present your plan to the Captain. Unfortunately this was it for me. They pulled us out individually and told us the news and gave feedback. Really nice people and seem like a great airline to work for.