PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brave pilot/s in LWV
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2015, 02:14
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As sagan has pointed out, they were behind the main line of it when they landed. I do believe when I took that pair of screen shots they were in between the two lines and I agree most likely carefully maintaining a safe distance behind it.

This thread was not to start some form of ATSB enquiry….nor was it to bash the pilots.

But had ANY OF YOU seen the images from the BOM radar while they were off the top of the screen shot when they were turning around and running NE before going around the back of it, then you might see why I wondered if it were brave flying into it, which is what they were doing earlier. They made appropriate decisions after that.

Leafie……you are correct, the images usually are delayed (6 minutes) and are time stamped, so there is not much you can't work out for yourself.

Also back to sagan's comment…..
Mischievous alarmist bunk to start this thread.
Not one bit of mischief in mind, I did not post any kind of "what kind of fool would be flying in this weather" comments at all. I thought that the initial segment of the flight was a bit brave and the subsequent ride behind the storm front to have been a good view of what was an impressive line of storms.

If you feel alarmed that is your emotional reaction. Certainly not mine. Not every thread on prune has to be about muck raking and creating trouble.

Leafie makes a valid point though, *fly-for-work and gotta go if possible, not to be confused with "having a choice to drive". I can tell my pax to drive but it doesn't put food on the table. If I can find a safe way to do the job without raising the risk of the operation, I will.

This was not a C441 and most likely a PVT flight in an SR20. Myself, I would have waited for the front to go through, it did not take long. I too have flown wide tracks around storms, but YCDR to YBAF ….if I wanted to get away from potential hail I would go more north and then south rather than the westerly track into it and a smoother ride. This was never about what I would do Vs what they did….and that is not the point of this thread

You guys seem to want to make more out of this than its worth.